The safety coordinator will provide safety direction, oversight and leadership on various construction sites. The position should set the tone for a positive safety culture and coordinate with on-site superintendents, project coordinators and foremen.
- General Industry, safety objectives by orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating corporate safety expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising safety performance contributions; and adhering to corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Manage safety of sub-contractors by monitoring and auditing safety performance.
- Contribute to meeting local, state, and federal standards by use of inspections and reviews; coordinate with project manager and site managers to ensure safety compliance.
- Approve construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing codes and regulations.
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; comply with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging safety practices and standards and participate in educational opportunities.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bilingual preferred
- Microsoft Office capable
- Safety management
- Supervision, delegation
- Attention to detail
- Quality focus
- OHSA training