We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of Internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade our in house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, good put and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).